SongWriting in Los Angeles
A song gets beautiful by its lyrics and the music. A bunch of meaningful words against a melodious music can make you heart sing. However, there is a conception that songwriting can't be taught, as it comes with an expression from personal feelings and ideas. This is true while writing words, as no one can understand your feelings better than you, because everyone different experiences, emotions and beliefs, and most of the time lyric writing means expressing those in words. But here are some exceptions, like pop lyrics aim to achieve something else by exploring writer's feelings. It is obvious that you can't direct a person how to express the feelings in words, but you can teach ways how to write it better. We, in Take Sessions, teamed up with professional instructors to deliver the best ways of songwriting in Los Angeles.
Start writing your songs
Songwriting is an art, which comes naturally from personal inspiration and gradually absorbing it into the structure and form of the music. It can be work perfectly, but you can learn to improve the craft. Here are some tips:
- Sometimes, maybe you have the perfect chord sequence for a part of your song but feeling confused how to progress. You can reverse the order of the chords and use it into a new part.
- Usually writing with a keyboard is easier. However, you can try it with a guitar next time and see if it makes any good changes. Even you can catch some new harmonics with the basic chords, which can give you some new idea for melodies.
- Listen to other songs as much as you can. Especially, focus on the classic songwriters and always search for the latest happening. While listening to it, try to figure out what is special in the song that makes it different. Try to figure out the song structures and tricks, make them a note if you like anything particularly.
- Try 'free association' while writing a song, but if you are confused how to start writing the lyrics, try to sit down and jot down your feelings and words that comes in your mind. It will lead you to the right direction.
- Rhyming in lyrics is important; however, some people find it hard to construct lyrics that rhyme. Try putting some rhyms into your song, as it gives security and resolution.